M1, Manchester, Greater Manchester
Our client are a specialist Businesses having the resources and expertise to undertake a wide variety of rail-based development and construction projects. These projects encompass the Signalling, Power and Communications sectors within mainline railways and urban mass transit systems in the UK & Ireland.
We are keen to recruit and train motivated, enthusiastic and committed people to join their multi-disciplinary specialist teams.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work within a busy Power department.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Production of monthly accounting, costing, contract, management, and financial information.
* Monitor analyse and report on the bill of quantities, specification and contractual implications of ongoing and new projects.
* Liaise with the client regarding costing information, highlighting, and managing any variations to cost or specification.
* Liaise with the client regarding the development and follow-up business including the provision of quotes on minor works.
* Assist the Contracts Manager in the preparation of tender enquiries, responses and the determination of the Company’s charging structures.
The successful candidate will have gained extensive experience in the role of SQS within a rail contracting environment and hold a tertiary qualification in quantity surveying or construction. You will also be ambitious with a desire to develop yourself and the quantity surveying function. Opportunities for future development and growth will be available for the right candidate.
You will be self-motivated with a pro-active approach and have experience of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines, with a minimum level of supervision. Problem solving, communication and good interpersonal skills are required for this role.
Our client will offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits that includes pension, performance related pay, and other benefits commensurate to your skills and experience