Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Ground Engineering team to work at Coleshill.
* Manage all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects;
* Support other more senior members of the commercial team in delivering the varied commercial duties as well as being responsible for procuring and managing our supply chain;
* Actively seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality for our Customers.
What you’ll be doing
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
* Have a good knowledge of and adheres to the Companys GMCEs, BMS and other governance.
Analytical Thinking & Decision Making:
* Order information and systematically checks data.
* Measure, record & value work unsupervised in accordance with appropriate rules and procedures.
* Measure & interpret specifications & drawings;
* Build up estimates from first principle including net and gross estimates;
* Translate measurement from drawings and Specifications and prepare Bills of Quantities and Schedules of rates.
* Review weekly, monthly, section programmes of works;
* Plan commercial activities to meet requirements of section programmes;
* Have an understanding of delay and disruption programmes.
* Use the companys ERP System;
* Collation of Cost and Value Information;
* Preparation of Cost reconciliation statements.
* Collect information required to specify procurement requirements;
* Record and document information including registration of interest;
* Understand the steps / documentation required.
* Undertake customer and stakeholder management for their area of responsibility;
* Collation of cost and value information;
* Measure works and agreements with subcontractors;
* Development, Recruitment and Retention;
* Maintain a Personal Development Plan;
* Supports the development of others;
* Worke towards professional membership from the RICS, ICES or CIOB.
Who we’re looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
* BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
Ground Engineering offers a range of services across the construction sector, from piled foundations to ground improvement, testing and analysis. We have established our reputation through our integrated design approach to every project, from the small to the very large.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation