Advanced Diesel Engineering
Advanced Diesel Engineering is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to support the continued growth of our Generator, Switchgear and Modular housing manufacturing sites across South and West Yorkshire.
The ideal candidate will be a time served Quantity Surveyor with demonstrable experience within engineering or construction sectors.
This is a new role and we are looking for someone who has relevant knowledge and experience to work with us to develop and maintain robust Quality systems and procedures ensuring compliant and effective working practices.
After assisting at tender stage, the Quantity Surveyor will follow each project throughout its life cycle to contract completion. The Quantity Surveyor will be expected to resolve any contractual issues that may arise, to keep detailed records of all project expenditure, including the issuance of “Early Warning Notices” and gather the relevant information to respond to Project Instructions/Compensation Events. The Quantity Surveyor will be expected to work closely with the Project Management team and planners to ensure the project stays on schedule and remains fundamentally viable.
Duties typically include:
* Conducting feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs.
* Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for tenders and contracts.
* Coordination of work effort.
* Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues.
* Valuing completed work and arranging for payments.
* Responsible for understanding, quantifying, budgeting and managing the costs of the project work involved in the manufacture of the equipment in the factory and then the same for the work on site.
Skill and knowledge:
* Being capable of self-time management.
* An understanding of Engineering, energy, generator or electrical distribution would be an advantage.
* A basic understanding of all main forms of NEC, ICE and JCT contracts.
* An understanding of general IT systems (Microsoft Office suite, Excel, MS projects, word, etc.
* An understanding of cost/contract management systems.
* Knowledge and / or experience of working within the Energy / Engineering / construction industry
If this sounds like you please get in touch – we have positions available with an immediate start.
ADE Ltd do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community