We’re looking for an enthusiastic estimator / surveyor / contracts manager to join our team to be responsible for pricing, securing and managing painting contracts from start to finish.
This exciting opportunity offers the chance to be involved in all aspects of managing painting and decorating contracts from initial enquiry through to completion.
Painting Surveyor / Contracts Manager Responsibilities:
– Surveying properties / structures for painting work.
– Assessing painting projects, estimating the cost, labour resources, materials and time for completion.
– Putting together well-presented, competitive tender packages for work.
– Developing relationships with new and existing customers, making sure that all customers receive an excellent service.
– Producing risk assessments and method statements for contracts, ensuring health and safety procedures are adhered to throughout projects.
– Managing the contract from start to finish, ensuring that productivity targets and agreed quality and safety standards are met.
– Managing project costs within budget to deliver planned financial result on completion.
– Managing site-based operatives.
Painting Surveyor / Contracts Manager Requirements:
This role would suit an experienced painting contracts manager. We ask that you possess the following skills and experience.
– Experience of pricing single painting projects of at least £20k in value.
– Experience of winning painting contracts through competitive tendering.
– Strong skills in financial analysis and commercial awareness.
– Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously.
– Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with customers and the branch team.
– Experience of managing site-based operatives.
– Experience of running painting contracts from start to finish.
– Numerate with strong IT skills.
– Full driving licence.
About Alfred Bagnall & Sons Limited:
Bagnalls is a highly-regarded, family-owned, painting contractor, established in 1875, with 16 branches across the UK. This role is based in our Gateshead Office.
We are committed to the long-term development of our staff and are proud that the management team have clocked up an average length of service of 24 years. Four of our Executive Board members started as Management Trainees with Bagnalls. We have recently been awarded Family Business of the Year and Apprentice of the Year with Family Business United.
Location: Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE11 9JW
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 39 hours per week
Benefits: The exact package will be dependent on skills and experience. The package will involve a basic salary, performance-related bonus and company car.
You may have experience of the following: Painting Estimator, Surveyor, Surveying, Estimating, Contracts Manager, Foreman, Property Maintenance, RICS, CIOB, Contract Manager, Painting & Decorating, etc.