Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
MAIN CONTRACTOR PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR
A site based Main Contractor Project Quantity Surveyor with experience of multi million pound design and build contracts is required for a major new build development in the centre of Birmingham. This role offers excellent career prospects and the opportunity of working within a nationwide group of companies consisting of both main and sub-contractors undertaking works in excess of £40M.
This project quantity surveyor will be responsible for all the commercial elements on this prestigious scheme through to final account agreement / settlement. Key duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* The control of all site expenditure via management of the day to day works with appropriate cost control, monitoring and reporting.
* The production of all required commercial reporting including monthly contract reports and cost value reconciliations.
* The preparation and submission of monthly payment applications.
* Variation identification, evaluation, submission and agreement.
* Final account preparation, submission and agreement.
* Letting of sub-contract packages.
* Sub-contract account management.
* Issuing any required notices both upstream and downstream.
The right candidate will preferably be qualified to degree level or equivalent in a recognised quantity surveying qualification with excellent communication skills, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Previous experience in a similar role on large value design and build projects is essential.
Interested parties should apply via email with a CV and covering letter