Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear
My client are a leading national main contractor successfully delivering large scale, high value, multi discipline projects nationwide.
They are due to start work on a complex multi million pound project in Yorkshire and are seeking a strong Building Services Manager to successfully delivery the M&E package.
MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL REGULARLY
As a key member of the project team reporting to the Project Manager and the Regional Building Services Manager you will assist with the successful delivery of building services from the pre-construction phase through to construction, commissioning and handover.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
* A strong background in the Commercial sector and a successful track record of working on a variety of projects.
* Ability to manage multi-discipline MEP subcontractors including: assisting the QS department in the procurement and selection of the relevant MEP subcontractors, managing the onsite MEP activates including monitoring site progress and quality, understanding the requirements for MEP commissioning and managing commissioning activities and expediting and reviewing on handover deliverables.
* Ability to successfully liaise with the client’s team across the full range of building services disciplines to understand client’s objectives and be able to clearly communicate strategy and progress.
* A broad knowledge of the full building services discipline and to work with the MEP design team to: agree design deliverable (in collaboration with the project team), manage the M&E design team in a collaborative manner to ensure timely issue of design deliverables and review and comment on design deliverable to ensure the client requirements and contract proposals are being met.
* Practical and technical building services background
* Knowledge of Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and Standard Practices
* Good building services product knowledge
* Ability to research and assess suitable alternative products/design solutions
* A basic understanding of all facets of the construction process.
* Ability to plan and see the bigger picture
Applicants will ideally have the following qualifications:
* Degree or HND in Building Services or related field
* Membership of an industry related professional body (e.g. CIBSE, ASHRAE, IEE)
* Electrically Biased