Coventry, West Midlands (County)
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a leading UK Building Services provider, working on a full time, permanent basis in Coventry.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Senior QS/Commercial Manager, complying with all commercial processes and procedures, ensuring the contract is delivered successfully.
* Assist or produce where appropriate the timely preparation of valuations, submissions of invoices and monitor payment receipt.
* Contribute to the production of accurate and timely accounts.
* Contribute to the production of accurate and timely project financial forecast.
* Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including any pricing of variations.
* Take responsibility for closing out the commercial issues relative to the tasks or packages that have been assigned.
* Develop an understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to all forms of contracts that may be applicable to a facilities project.
* Identify any unnecessary costs and inefficient activities and discuss these with the Operational Team.
* Be aware of your role within the Commercial Team in appointing and managing suppliers in terms of the H&S compliance.
* Develop knowledge and use of spreadsheets and other software to present data accurately.
* Utilise CAFM system to commercially manage and monitor the project where applicable.
* Develop and understand the principles of Lean management and encourage the operational team to innovate and always look for ways to continually improve.
* Develop the ability to identify risks in projects.
* Develop an ability to procure services and materials in an efficient manner.
* Ensure appropriate records and information are kept.
* Develop an awareness of Supplier Management and Procurement.
* Develop a full understanding of commercial processes and procedures and apply to maximise return in terms and profits and service level.
* Contribute where appropriate to the resolution of commercial issues.
* Develop a network of contacts within the business and feedback opportunities and risks to the winning work teams and central departments.
* Degree qualified or partway through is preferred
* Experienced in subcontract payments, accruals, tendering of packages and their analysis as well s/c contract order compilation
* An understanding of cost and value is essential
* FM experience desirable but not essential
* Good knowledge of Excel and Word
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Car or allowance £3,300PA, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, private healthcare
* life assurance, corporate discount scheme and company share scheme.
In return, the client offers a good work opportunity, on going training and progression, with a good work/life balance.
If you are interested in this role, please click the apply button now or contact Sophie at Oneway for more information.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK