Senior Quantity Surveyor – Building - (Consultancy)MRICS
£55k-£65k plus Car & Benefits
United Kingdom - West Midlands, Birmingham
I’m working with a global construction consultancy that are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor after successfully securing high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the building industry. The ideal candidate will come from a consultancy background with MRICS accreditation.
Client facing experience is a MUST. Genuine progression available for the right candidate working for a dynamic client focused project and cost management consultancy that offers a wealth of expertise and experience in all sectors of the built environment.
As Senior Surveyor you will have the following main responsibilities:
* Working alongside an Associate or Director to successfully manage and deliver various capital projects across the Midlands and nationally.
* Cover the whole project lifecycle from initial inception and business case development estimates, through the design and procurement process and onto the site delivery and commissioning phase.
* Actively support the internal team and manage more junior staff on technically complex projects typically ranging between £5m to £40m.
* You will help develop collaborative relationships with our clients and other professional colleagues within the industry.
* Act as the day to day main client point of contact for projects.
* Successful delivery of projects with minimum supervision, leading to further repeat clients and their business.
* Manage and mentor junior staff to deliver our Cost Management service efficiently and effectively.
* Assist Directors in leading and delivery of all aspects of quantity surveying from inception of a project through to completion.
* Achieve the highest standards of professional competence and to demonstrate this ability in all dealings with clients and professional contacts, reinforcing the profile of the company.
* To maintain and develop good relationships with clients, take every opportunity to uphold and increase the profile of the firm as a provider of professional, premium quality services to the construction industry.
* Produces cost estimates at concept, scheme and detailed design stage.
* Manage the tender process, review and analyse tender returns and prepare a recommendation to the client.
* Input into value and risk management workshops as required by the client.
* As primary project cost controller, ensures that the project remains on budget through the design and construction phases.
* Experience working within a consultancy
* PQS/Quantity Surveyor practice background
* Chartered Status with the RICS, or equivalent
* Good understanding of contracts
* Extensive Project Experience