A Manchester based main contractor are looking for a Senior Estimator with a main contracting general construction background to price tenders up to £50 million.
Typical tender prices and values will be between £15 - £30 million in value. You will be required to work on a range of projects from different sectors including commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, residential and health.
This role as an exciting opportunity and offers the potential for progression within a growing business and work on tenders in a range of different sectors, the successful candidate would be vital to the continuing growth of the organisation.
Monitor potential incoming enquiries
Experience in estimating within the construction industry
Build relationships with Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Competitors
Maintain up-to-date market knowledge of labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors
Prepare & send out sub-contract & material enquiries using conquest enquiry system
Where required produce accurate take-off using Conquest
Manage, as directed, enquiries for labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors
Price bills/schedules analytically and produce quote comparisons using conquest estimating software
Complete tender pricing for adjudication by the tender committee, including reporting on any risks or onerous conditions, providing a winning edge
Liaise with planner to assess programme & preliminaries
Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project.
On secured projects prepare information for handover to the contract team
Assist in developing Company estimating library
Check tender documentation
Measure tender against Decision Analysis
Inform Tender Committee on Contract Conditions
* Must have worked as a build Senior Estimator on similar type projects and similar project values.
* Must have strong ConQuest estimating package experience.
* Excellent Excel Skills
* Working experience of presenting technical and complex information
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload First rate communication skills both written and verbal
* Excellent attention to detail
* Proven leadership skills with the ability to effectively delegates as appropriate