Quantity Surveyor - London
£60,000 - £65,000 + Excellent Benefits + Career Progression
Do you want to work on some of the iconic projects in London??
With a growing portfolio of high value projects in central London my client is expanding to meet significant future objectives.
My client, a leading global contractor has been established in the UK for over 30 years. They have a strong reputation for the delivery of highly complex prestigious projects. They are also one of the largest asset management companies in the world, with a turnover exceeding £250bn.
They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to support continued growth of their business in the UK. This role will be based on one or multiple sites in Central London and form part of the project team managing projects with a value of circa £20M to £50M
Ideally you will have experience of Quantity Surveying and financial knowledge of construction costs. You will have an understanding of contracts and the tender process as well as being able to read drawings and understand contracts and legal issues. You will have experience in procurement, commercial governance, risk & opportunity management, and cost forecasting & reporting.
Key responsibilities and experience will include:
· To ensure site supervisory staff are aware of the project’s scope of works and inclusions in tender packages
· Prepare documents required for the procurement of sub- contractors
· Collate quotations and letting of tenders for contracts, within budget.
· Prepare contracts and documents for inclusion in tender packages
· Ensure that the month on month cash position is positive and the forecasted project margin is met or exceeded.
· Prepare forecasts and report on financial status and cash flow.
· Administer subcontracts to include payments and claims and submitting progress claims to the client.
· Maintain strong relationships with Clients, subcontractors, suppliers and consultants.
· Administer the head contract to include assessment of works completed and where time extensions are needed.
· Help to administer variations and final accounts
Essential skills and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in a construction related subject.
· Have worked on a project value of £150M+
· Have worked with a client from the finance sector
· Achieved or working towards Professional Membership of the RICS, CIOB or equivalent
ConstructionRecruitment.net have exceptional recruiting expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the UK construction Inddustry. Accompanying our experience within this sector is our strong relations with clients which has enabled us to offer candidate a veriety of jobs.
We place construction professionals into a variety of construction roles, including , Construction managers, Quantity surveyors, project managers, Site managers, site engineers, Planners, foreman and estimator jobs, and other skilled trades.
Our construction recruitment consultants are able to offer you comprehensive career advice such as tailoring your CV, interviewing techniques and writing cover letters.
FOR OUR CLIENTS
Whether you need an operative or a team of Professionals, Full recruitment service or Managed Advertising Campaign, we are able to offer you flexible temporary and permanent recruitment solutions that will deliver results.